Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Abstract Leaves Cowl - the beginning

I bought this 'georgeous' yarn from Felicia at  SweetGeorgia Yarns. It is a beautiful English Ivy of 50% merino wool and 50% silk. So beautiful...


I had no idea what I would make with it until I came across the Abstract Leaves Cowl free pattern on Ravelry during a knit night. Now that I have more time to knit, it being the holidays. I am putting aside my other WIPs to start a new project.


I have decided to add some sparkle-y green beads I found in Dressew last week and looked on-line for how to thread beads onto yarn. Many mentions were made of using the blue floss threaders but I don't have any. Instead I covered the tip of my thread with nail polish, the clear kind, and twisted the thread tighter as it dried.


I had to do the procedure twice because I have chosen to add an extra repeat so 144 stitches were cast on and 256 beads were threaded onto the yarn. I chose to thread on 270 beads, just in case.



This is just the beginning and I hope to add posts when it gets interesting. Having never knitted with beads before, I am pretty excited to see what challenges arise and what it looks like! Yay!



Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home