Monday, October 20, 2008

Kid Silk Poncho

I am finally starting a new project. (Hopefully this will go better than some/most and I will finish.)
What is it with creative people not finishing projects? I think it has something to do with the final-ness of it all. By finishing a project I am not creating on it anymore and for me this is the difficulty.
I see this in my business being a photographer. I love the act of photographing people and objects, capturing the moments and making everything look its best. I love putting together albums after because I am good at creating a visual story with the photos. But, putting the photos in the album, it being the last step, I don't like to do. It is too final.
Just like a knitting project. I have so many unfinished projects lying around. Maybe I also get bored with the projects. I am still rather slow as a knitter so sometimes things take too long.
I will be learning to crochet this winter. Maybe it will be faster; I know it is easier. Maybe with crochet I will finish all my projects.
(Not likely.)

The Kid Silk Poncho.
I have been wanting to make this for over a year. I actually wanted it done for this summer. Oh, well. Instead it will be for next summer. It is a very easy pattern and from it I am learning a really interesting stitch which I will use in other projects.
It is looking pretty good so far. (I have only finished the first 11 rows.) I am excited about the finished project because I can already envision what it will look like finished. I have to finish this.
The yarn I am using is very slick, being silk this makes sense, and I have dropped a couple stitches but by now I am very adept at picking them up. With the metal needles I drop stitches a lot. Guess I should purchase bamboo needles for silks and other slick yarns.
Enjoy the photo and I will keep posting updates.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home